September 21, 2022
7:30 am - 9:00 am
|Speakers:||Paul Dryman – Informed Decision Investigative & Background Information Services, Inc.
Matt A. Kaufman – The Kaufman Law Firm
|Date:||Wednesday, Sept. 21, 2022|
|Program:||In Person Networking/Breakfast: 7:30am – 8:00am
Zoom Webinar: 7:55am
|Program 8:00am – 9:00am|
|Location:||In Person: Los Robles Greens Banquet Center, 299 Moorpark Rd., Thousand Oaks, CA 91361
Webinar: This event will also be presented virtually via Zoom. Zoom link will be emailed after before the event.
Topics will include:
- Exploring the cautions and potential issues receiving, sending, and maintaining candidates’ information as a data provider/reporting agency.
- Privacy issues in electronic devices and how employers can avoid invasion of privacy claims brought by employees
- Areas to be aware of for where your candidate’s information goes and is stored
- Guidelines and cautions of security of the vendors you chose/utilize
- To shred or not to shred
- Can I administer a Lie Detector Test?
Paul Dryman is a licensed Private Investigator and the President of Informed Decision Investigative & Background Information Services, Inc. Informed Decision was started over 25 years ago using the slogan “We dig up the dirt, so you don’t get hurt.” They have two divisions, Pre-employment Screening and Full Investigative, with cases locally and internationally. The firm handles several domestic situations with people in turmoil of or from a divorce separation. They have no geographical restrictions.
Matt A. Kaufman is owner and manager of The Kaufman Law Firm, a boutique employment law firm located in Westlake Village and with clients nationwide. Prior to starting his own firm, Matthew was a partner at Harris & Kaufman, a trailblazing law firm in employment law cases and wage and hour class actions. Matthew represents both employees and employers in wrongful termination cases, compensation disputes, and other employment matters. He has handled trials, appeals, and labor board hearings. For several years, he has been honored on the Super Lawyers lists.
The East Ventura County Employer Advisory Council (EAC) is composed of employer volunteers representing a cross-section of business and industry. The EAC was developed to promote a stronger partnership between the California Employment Development Department (EDD) and the business community. Its commitment is to assist employers in conducting their business more effectively and efficiently, to provide information on employment-related issues, and to enhance the communication between EDD and the private sector. This presentation is provided for educational and informational purposes only; it does not constitute an endorsement of the curriculum or speakers by the State of California EDD or by the East Ventura County EAC. Aside from staff designated to represent EDD, we assume no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the materials provided during this event.
EDD, an equal opportunity employer/program, is a partner in this event. Special requests for accommodation need to be made two weeks prior to the event by calling (805) 288-8231.
We’re excited to roll out our new Membership benefits:
- Attend all meetings either virtually or in person
- Access to our archive of recorded meeting and “special” short topic videos
- Access to Free HR Hotline
- Access to Free Conflict Resolution Hotline
- Discount on Compliance Posters
- HRCI/SHRM Credits when available